Saturday, July 23, 2016

Part 2

I have just completed reading Part 2 of the novel, Murder on the Orient Express, written by Agatha Christie. I believe that the murderer is Dr. Constantine. My reasoning is because of many things. First, the deceased told Mr. Hardman that his attacker might be a small, dark, man with a womanish voice. Dr. Constantine is a greek doctor who is described on page 43 as "the little dark man..." which leads me to believe he is the suspect that Mr. Poirot has been looking for. Also, Hildegarde Schmidt said on page 159, "These are all tall, big men. The one I saw was small and dark."

I have decided that a number of the passengers are innocent. Mrs. Hubbard, for one, is most definitely innocent. She found the bloody knife in her sponge bag, since it was hanging on the handle of the door when the man came into her room. The attacker took advantage of the bag and slipped his knife in there as her eyes were closed. This makes her innocent since they also found keys in the Wagon Lit uniform, which explains how he got into the room in the first place. Another person that is innocent is the attendant, Pierre Michel. He said he was sitting in his little seat the whole time, besides answering some bells, and Mr. Hardman agrees to that because he saw him sitting there. I know some people are innocent but I still am not 100% sure of who actually killed Ratchett. It could have been anyone...

Bloody-knife1.jpg (500×372)

No comments:

Post a Comment