Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Part 1

As of now I have absolutely no idea who the murderer is. I enjoyed Part 1, even though it is a little bit difficult to follow at the beginning, since I had no idea who anyone was and what was going on. However, by the time Mr. Poirot boarded the Orient Express, I had some knowledge of who everybody was. When I first read the title, I thought to myself, "Oh, it's just a murder. Someone must get shot or something." I did not expect the murderer to have stabbed Mr. Ratchett twelve or fourteen times! One of the most interesting passages I have read so far was when Mr. Poirot and the doctor, Dr. Constantine, were examining the evidence. They made a lot of interesting points, such as there being two people that attempted to murder Mr. Ratchett. Since it was dark the other might not have seen that he was already dead. Another thing they said was that it was staged to look like someone ran out the window. One technique that interested me was how he figured out what the scrap of paper said. It seemed very weird to me that the words were able to read on top of the fire. I really liked the investigation of the body in Part 1, and I am excited to read on and see what everyone else has to say about the murder.
guangzhou-051.jpg (800×451)
Mr. Poirot conducted one of his interviews in a dining car like this one. However, he still has many more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment